Dynamic, versatile User Experience Strategist with a passion for understanding people and achieving business goals through creative solutions that add value to human lives. Exceptional communicator, presenter and leader who enjoys collaborating as part of an interdisciplinary product team.
VML (global full-service advertising agency) absorbed Rockfish (digital innovation agency) 09/2017
(VML equivalent to Lead Experience Strategist)
Lead Experience Strategist Rockfish | 01/17– 12/17
Senior Experience Architect
Rockfish | 01/16 – 12/16
Experience Strategy Architect
Rockfish | 03/14 – 12/15
Direct Experience Design Product teams through the creation of innovative experiences that remove user barriers to information acquisition and/or purchase conversion.
- Lead the Experience Design of successful digital products through collaborative relationships across departments, clients and external agency partnerships.
- Advocate and communicate users’ needs and objectives to achieve user-centered decision-making internally and externally.
- Create a trusted partnership with design teams to address usability concerns and to ensure user-centered interface design decisions are being made.
- Direct Experience Designers and Senior Experience Designers across multiple clients and industries, and oversee associated project deliverables.
- Develop client presentations to communicate strategy, approach and discovery findings including UX audits, competitive landscape analysis and recommendations.
- Produce requirements documentation including: user flows, site maps, wireframes, wire-flows, prototypes, matrixes, functional specifications and user interface specifications.
- Define logic, determine database and systems use in collaboration with tech teams.
- Verify with tech teams that experience design is aligned with technical requirements.
- Oversee business requirements achievement through design and tech execution.
- Validate product build through demos and user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Identify user experience improvement opportunities for client assignments.
- Determine strategic recommendations and product roadmap additions of features and functions through user research outcomes, analytics and evolving business needs.
- Identify research opportunities to ensure user understanding and ability to navigate seamlessly through digital product(s) to achieve their goals.
- Manage the experience design process, drive decisions, track issues, and estimate resource needs and schedules.
- Assist in determining project scope, approach and milestones.
- Define internal and client deliverables needed to successfully achieve objectives for each project engagement.
- Construct mobile-first experiences for responsive/adaptive web and native mobile applications.
- Create global user-centric experiences configurable to country needs and infrastructure capabilities.
Senior Digital Designer
08/10 – 03/14
Defined and lead the digital strategy and experience design across touchpoints.
- Lead digital strategy, experience design & execution across digital touchpoints including:
- Display, rich media ads and associated promotional landing pages, microsites and brand sites.
- Social media channel content.
- Documented business requirements, sitemaps and wireframes.
- Designed/directed all online campaign components & development.
- Consulted on new and emerging technologies.
- Collaborated across agency disciplines as well as agency partners to ensure creative execution is consistent across mediums.
- Translated analytics into optimization strategies for future campaigns.
- Assisted in project estimation and scope.
12/06 – 08/10
Architected and designed small to large scale digital experiences.
- Designed enterprise sites, microsites and promotional components as well as social media content and marketing emails.
- Created documentation for stakeholder and/or internal alignment as well as guidance for design and build teams.
- Artifacts included: site maps, user flows and wireframes.
- Applied user experience best practices through design and build phases.
- Worked with development teams to validate design requirements.
- Collaborated across disciplines and agency partners to ensure consistent creative branding and execution across touchpoints.
- Co-taught a web design best practices class for internal designers and art directors.